Re: vent pipe moving?
Posted by e-plumber on March 17, 2004 at 19:23:19:
In response to Re: vent pipe moving?
: I am redoing my entire bathroom and I need to change the location of the sink. It is going from the wall when you walk in on the right to the wall when you walk in on the left. so opposite parallel wall.
: I have everything ripped out down to the beams. My question is the vent pipe. Currently it goes straightup on the right hand wall where plumbing is currently. Once the hot/cold lines and drain are moved to the left wall, how would one move the vent line, or how would one connect to the vent line being that it is on the opposite wall???

: BTW- this vent is used fo rthe bathroom on the 2nd floor I believe as well so I do not see how it can be moved. Isthere a way to connect to this vent when all plumbing is now on opposite wall??

: thanks in advance,
: Harvey

: p.s. I am not doing the work, my father-in-law has a friend who will be doing it, I am just trying to find out how things will be working before he gets here.

Depending on jobsite conditions; wall studs, ceiling joists, window locations, doorways, medicine cabinet, etc., the (new location) vent pipe may be able to tie into the existing location or it can rise vertically and tie into another vent somewhere on the system. A series of fittings, (90's & 45's) can be used to offset & relocate the vent pipe to a proper tie in point.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post