Re: well
Posted by Gary Slusser on March 17, 2004 at 13:22:54:
In response to Re: well
: terry i need to know how do you take up a submersiable pump out of the well there has to be a crack in the pipe going down because there is air always in the line comeing in the house and the pump wont shut off and i cant get any presure over 25 # in the tank do i need a tool to start bring to pipe and pump up or do i just pull up on the wire going down
: see i dont no how the pipe coming the connects to the pipe that crossing over to the pipe that comes over in to the house thanks for your help mario

I think you're talking about the pitless adapter. If yer strong, or have 2-3 guys to help if needed, you may be able to pull the pump. If the pipe is galvanized, it weighs 200#/100' plus the pump and cable and any water in the line.

Normally you use a 1" male to screw into the top of the pitless to be able to lift it. You might want a handle on the pull pipe, I use all 3/4" pipe and then you have to be able to hold on without dropping things down the well as you pull it all out. So you should have something to hold it for you while you rest. Depending on the depth of the pump and material of the drop pipe, you may need a derrick truck or pump pulling machine. Since you've not done this before or seen it done... you may opt for a pump guy or well driller the first time. Especially if you don't know what to look for or how to solve your water problems if you get the pump out.

Quality Water Associates

Replies to this post
There are none.