Re: polyethylene flexible pipe fittings
Posted by Deb on March 17, 2004 at 12:01:01:
In response to Re: polyethylene flexible pipe fittings
: it has been suggested that i use pe flexible pipe from my well to my house connection including after pressure tank.How is this pipe tubing connected to pipe thread? does it take compresion fittings? will it stand the pressure?. do you need special tools?thanks for any help. vinny

I live in an area with acidic water and soil conditions and I use PE alot. Use only brass fittings (not galvanized) and marine quality stainless steel hose clamps. I would recommend using a fabricated safety brass cross tee that has 2 1/2" ports (for your drain and pressure relief valve) and 2 1/4" ports (for your pressure switch and pressure gauge). You can generally not use the black PE inside a home and need to transition as soon as you are in. I use Pex.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.