Re: polyethylene flexible pipe fittings
Posted by Gary Slusser on March 16, 2004 at 18:29:44:
In response to Re: polyethylene flexible pipe fittings
: it has been suggested that i use pe flexible pipe from my well to my house connection including after pressure tank.How is this pipe tubing connected to pipe thread? does it take compresion fittings? will it stand the pressure?. do you need special tools?thanks for any help. vinny

PE coiled tubing is a great product for water line that are to be buried such as from our well. Or to hang a submersible pump of foot valve with. I don't know how far into a house you want to run it though. Normally it it isn't used past the pressure tank tee inlet. It commonally comes in rolls to 500' and from 75 psi to 200 psi ratings. Underground use 160 or 200 psi rated.

The fittings are called barbed or insert fittings and are held on with hose clamps made for just that use and are stainless steel. The fittings come in the same style as say copper fittings; elbows, tees, couplers male and female adapters. Pump and plumbing supply houses will have everything you need.

Of course you could be asking about PEX since you don't identify what type plasitc but I've not heard of its use for well water systems into the house yet. IMO that would be overkill. Now inside it is an excellent choice IMO.

Quality Water Associates

Replies to this post