Re: pedestal sink with plumbing in floor
Posted by Deb on March 15, 2004 at 17:20:48:
In response to Re: pedestal sink with plumbing in floor
: I'd like to install a pedestal sink in a first floor location that has the plumbing coming up through the floor. The feed lines aren't a problem. They are spaced in such a way that they come up close enough to the wall and spaced close enough to be reasonable.
: It's the drain that is the hassle. It comes up about 8 inches to the side of the feedlines. Fortunately I can get to the pipes through the basement so I can relocate the drain pipe "comeup location". But I can't see how I will be able to fit the necessary trap and combination of elbows to get it all behind the pedestal.
: Does anyone have any tricks (short of replumbing it into the wall) to get that drain to fit? It woudl seem that a flexible drain pipe after the trap might work but is this available? Is is "code"?
: Thanks in advance!
: -Darrell

You have an s-trap. This is not legal. You may have trouble keeping water in the trap, which will allow sewer gas into the house. Flexible drains are a bad idea. You may not be able to install a ped sink unless you are willing to open the walls and do this drainage right.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post