Re: Cast Iron Patch
Posted by hj on March 14, 2004 at 15:41:02:
In response to Re: Cast Iron Patch
IF all the other caveats have not disuaded you from buying this house, then you may be able to put a stainless steel "wrap around pipe repair clamp" over the hole and seal it for the time being.

: In the process of an inspection for a 100 year old home we are trying to buy, we were shown a hole in a cast iron drainage pipe (could we waste or roof drain not sure), which is right at the foundations entrance. First, are we able to "patch" or cut out area of damaged Cast and replace with PVC for a temporary fix or will we have to replace entire length of cast iron pipe? Secondly, if we can indeed patch areas of cast with PVC can we do so at foundation line (we are aware of having to uplift cement either way, not concerned with that issue)?
: House is an absolute gem and dont want to pass because of a costly issue if we could temporarly get buy until funds are more available..The first time buyer no money thing you know lol)
: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
: Thanks
: Shanesmom2

Replies to this post
There are none.