Re: Toto Drake - Complete flush?
Posted by MikeZ on March 13, 2004 at 17:40:42:
In response to Re: Toto Drake - Complete flush?
Terry, Thanks for the reply, I guess I am used to the old toilets. I was just amazed at how fast this thing flushes. Never thought I would be this excited over a toilet purchase. Great site, great advice.
Mike

: Mike,
: Non of the new 1.6 gallon toilets use all of the water in the tank.
: The water is "stacked" higher for more pressure.
: With a 3" flapper, the duration is shorter.
: You are used to the 100 year old technolgy of the 2" flapper.
: Flicking the handle uses 1.6 gallons, holding down the lever will use more than that.
: The flush you are seeing is 100% complete.
: Holding down the lever will make it maybe 150% to 200% complete.
: Terry Love

: : Based on advice from this forum, I have purchased and installed a Toto drake toilet. The one thing I am not used to is the flush. I have seen it described here as unique in that the water seems to drop as opposed to the swirling action I we are used to.

: : When I flush it takes about 2 seconds and it's done. With the tank lid off, and watching the flapper when I flush, It opens by the action of the trip lever, but it then closes right away. With other toilets I am familiar with, when the flapper opens, it stays open for 5 seconds at least until the bowl empties. With the Drake, I can get more of the bowl to drain, but it requires me to hold down the trip lever and this keeps the flapper open a few seconds to completely drain the tank. Is something wrong? Is there a reason for the seemingly incomplete flush?

: : There used to be toilets that I read about that had a dual flush trip lever.

Replies to this post
There are none.