Re: Garden water spigot where well is bored?
Posted by Lena Salvatore on March 13, 2004 at 13:04:38:
In response to Re: Garden water spigot where well is bored?
: :
: : My husband is in the process of installing a 3/4 horsepower -10 gallon pump into the new drilled well. He is learning as he goes and is vague to me (not sure) when I ask if we can have a water spigot out by the well to water a garden. He is putting in a new large pressure tank over about 75 feet away under a shed and says there will be a faucet there but I want one closer to where the garden will be . Can he put one where the water is coming out of the well and let the pump in the ground do its thing ? There is supposed to be plenty of water - 12 gallon a minute and water is only 43 feet down and it is 103 ft deep. Or will we have to bury a water pipe from the pressue tank to where the garden is. (Or deal with a hose forever?(hate it) Thank you for any advice-Lena

: You can put a yard hydrant in. Do you live somewhere that it freezes?
: Deb
: The Pipewench

:Live where it barely freezes 30 degrees a few times a year but warms during the day always- people don't wrap pipes here as a rule but I could put some of insulating pipewrap on the water spigot and pipe. Is that the same as a hydrant? Thanks , Lena PS - love your "handle"

Replies to this post