Re: WELL TROL PRESSURE TANK
Posted by Deb on March 12, 2004 at 09:57:20:
In response to Re: WELL TROL PRESSURE TANK
: : : MY TANK WILL PRESSURE TO 50PSI REMAIN THERE TILL THERE IS A DRAW ON THE SYSTEM THAN WILL DROP TO 0 SHUT OFF THEN PRESSURE UP . THAN UP AND DOWN TILL THE DEMAND HAS ENDED. DO I NEED TO RE PRESSURIZE THE TANK?
: : : MY TANK IS WELL TROL 53133983
: : : THANK YOU

: : I am thinking that you may have a blown bladder in your tank. Water will come out of the air valve if this is the case. As Hube said, the air pressure in the tank should be 2#s less than the kick on pressure on your switch.
: : Deb
: : The Pipewench
: THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT, NOW I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. MY WIFE TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS LET AIR OUT OF THE TANK VIA THE RELEASE VALVE ON THE TANK , BUT DOES NOT KNOW HOW MUCH. I CHECKED THE AIR VALVE FOR WATER NONE SO I THINK THE BLADDER IS OK. SO DO I DRAIN THE BOTTON WATER TANK? I HAVE NO INFORMATION ON THIS TANK SO HOW DO I KNOW WHAT MY KICK ON PRESSURE SHOULD BE? CAN I REPRESSURE THIS MYSELF? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP

You cannot just arbitrarily add or delete air from the tank. The tank and switch work in combination. Generally on the underside of the pressure switch the on and off pressures are listed. These can be adjusted and are not always right. Drain the tank and adjust the air to 2#s less than the kick on pressure for the pressure switch. Repressurize your system and double check on your pressure gauge that the pump is actually kicking off at the pressure indicated. If not, you will either need to adjust the pressure switch or drain and adjust the air in the tank (the preferred method). A 20# differential between the on and off is the ideal.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post