Re: WELL TROL PRESSURE TANK
Posted by Hube on March 12, 2004 at 09:04:55:
In response to Re: WELL TROL PRESSURE TANK
: : : MY TANK WILL PRESSURE TO 50PSI REMAIN THERE TILL THERE IS A DRAW ON THE SYSTEM THAN WILL DROP TO 0 SHUT OFF THEN PRESSURE UP . THAN UP AND DOWN TILL THE DEMAND HAS ENDED. DO I NEED TO RE PRESSURIZE THE TANK?
: : : MY TANK IS WELL TROL 53133983
: : : THANK YOU

: : I am thinking that you may have a blown bladder in your tank. Water will come out of the air valve if this is the case. As Hube said, the air pressure in the tank should be 2#s less than the kick on pressure on your switch.
: : Deb
: : The Pipewench
: THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT, NOW I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. MY WIFE TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS LET AIR OUT OF THE TANK VIA THE RELEASE VALVE ON THE TANK , BUT DOES NOT KNOW HOW MUCH. I CHECKED THE AIR VALVE FOR WATER NONE SO I THINK THE BLADDER IS OK. SO DO I DRAIN THE BOTTON WATER TANK? I HAVE NO INFORMATION ON THIS TANK SO HOW DO I KNOW WHAT MY KICK ON PRESSURE SHOULD BE? CAN I REPRESSURE THIS MYSELF? THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP
We assume the bladder is OK. You probably have not enough air in the tank. If your "cut-in" was 30 psi, then with the tank completely empty ,put in 28 psi (with a air pump) Then put the system through a few cycles to see what the "cut-in" actually is, and adjust accordingly. Clear as mud? post back with any questions and we will try to help further..Hube

Replies to this post
There are none.