Re: Bath rough in questions/problems
Posted by ED on March 11, 2004 at 18:31:01:
In response to Re: Bath rough in questions/problems
If your doorway to the basement is a standard 30 inch door, you will not get a one piece tub or shower down the steps. Especially if there is no room to maneuver around. These units could weigh upwards of 100 lbs or more with surrounds and domes.

It is really hard to do a rough-in that will please everybody. Each person has their idea on what and how their bathroom will look (or be laid out). Often a basement complicates that issue because of placement considerations of drain plumbing.

: 1. They are both saying the same thing, namely, that the vents are not there and that they will have to install and connect them. Whether the original construction plumber should have installed them or not was between him and the builder. Normally they would not all be installed because they would then be in the way for installing the walls and it might have been necessary to cut them apart to do it.

: 2. If your access is not adequate to transport a one piece tub into the desired area, then you will either need a modular tub or a conventional one with an installed ceramic tile surround.

: : Hi - I have bsmt bath rough in & I'm attempting to get the bathroom finished. Apparently the plumber hired by my builder cut some corners. Here are my questions:
: : 1) When a rough in is done, is the plumber supposed to add vents for the ejector pump and the shower? Two told me the first plumber should have installed vents, the first plumber tells me they'll tie in to existing vents.
: : 2) One plumber told me I needed a 4 piece tub, but couldn't explain to me why. Any ideas? How much do these run? Do I have any other options?

: : Thanks so much for any help/info!!!

Replies to this post
There are none.