Re: adding a toilet to a floor drain
Posted by Deb on March 08, 2004 at 21:20:27:
In response to Re: adding a toilet to a floor drain
: I'd like to add a toilet in my basement, my main drain line goes out the block wall about 4ft off of the floor and I have two floor drains. Is there any easy way to use one of those floor drains for my exit point of for my toilet. Also I'd like to have a shower go down the same drain, if possible. The floor drain I'd like to use is in the exterior corner and about 12-15ft away from where the main goes outside. (If I had to a could use the floor drain in the center of the basement.)

No, there is NO easy way to use the floor drain for a toilet. There may not even be a hard way. I am a little confused by the fact that the drainage line exits the house 4' off the floor. Are you even sure that the floor drains drain to the sanitary sewer and not to some grey water system? If the floor drain is connected to the sanitary sewer sysem, it may be possible to remove the floor drain and adapt to a shower. It will probably not be easy, however. If the floor drains do not connect to the sanitary sewer system, your only alternative is some kind of pump system.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.