Re: Hot Water heater
Posted by todd on March 07, 2004 at 23:05:48:
In response to Re: Hot Water heater
: : I have a 40 gallon gas hot water heater. It is about a year old. I am the only one in the house. Sometimes when I get up in the morning the water isn't very warm. I let it run for 30 seconds to a minute just in the sink and go eat breakfest. I come back 15 minutes later and it's plenty hot. What is causing the temp to drop so low? Is something wrong with it? Any help would be great. Thanks.

: What Temperature setting is it at?.How far from the tank is the HW faucet.? Are the HW lines wrapped (insulated)? Post back with info and we will advise further. Hube

The lines are wrapped and it is 20 feet or so from the tank. I can let it run for a whole shower and it will not be very warm but if I shower and check it again in 15 miutes or so it has had time to warm up to the normal temp which is too hot to be in with the hot water all the way up. I'm guessig around 110 or so but I'm not sure. It's like it isn't coming on during the night.If it was set too low would it be warmer right after it was fired up. Shouldn't it stay at a certain temp or is there a range?

Replies to this post