Re: Raising toilet flange to new flooring height
Posted by Jackie on February 29, 2004 at 02:23:22:
In response to Re: Raising toilet flange to new flooring height
Thank you Greg. That is exactly what we did and it worked fine. More importantly - it continues to work fine. Thanks again.
: Jackie,

: I know of plumbers that have trimmed the hub pvc into which the pipe inserts. I wouldn't trim more than 1/2" max, though. I use 1/2" as a guide because 3" pvc inserts 1 1/2", which would yield a 1" insert (after trimming)- which is all some closet flanges provide. Keep looking; stacking flanges is an option, but not the best one. There are many closet flange types that not one supplier carries all options.

: : Hi. We are trying to raise our toilet flange so that it will rest on our new bathroom flooring. We can not get it to fit. The flange continues to be either too high or too low - we have tried both a street flange and a closet flange. Our old system was a 3" pvc street flange inserted into a closet elbw. We only need it to be raised about a 1/2" and everything we do raises it too high. Do we need a different kind of elbw? Can the flange or elbow be cut down? Is there some other kind of flange or elbow we should use? I'm so frustrated. Please help. Thank you.

Replies to this post
There are none.