Re: Well Running
Posted by Karen on February 27, 2004 at 20:41:49:
In response to Re: Well Running
: : : : I have a well in the house that has recently begun running almost non stop. Most days it kicks in and runs for about 5-6 seconds and then kicks off for about 5-6; it does this 24 hours a day. At one point it was kicking on every 3 seconds and running for 5. My water pressure has not changed. Where to start?

: : : I would be looking for a leak. Do you have a jet pump or a submersible? We need more information. This constant on off is really hard on your pump.
: : : Deb
: : : The Pipewench

: : Thanks Deb, it is a jet pump. Right now the gauge reads 30 but when a tire gauge was put to it it read no pressure...

: Where is the gauge that reads 30 and where did you put the tire gauge that you got no reading?
: Deb
: The Pipewench

The gauge is on the pump itself and the air valve is where we got the zero reading. We took apart the air volume control and secured it. Based on some other comments we read with other problems, we decided to drain the tank and try to get the pressure set. We did this once and then tried to prime it to restart and lost all our pressure! We have now primed it and are adding pressure...are we on the right track at all do you think?

Replies to this post