Re: Indirect draining a washing machine
Posted by Ed on February 27, 2004 at 11:46:00:
In response to Re: Indirect draining a washing machine
Deb,

I have been reading this thread, and have not really read it the same as you.

There are many of us that live in remote areas where years ago no one knew what code meant, regardless of whatever code you may speak of. I own one of those houses. In fact many of us still live in areas where code still means nothing to many people, professional or not (regardless of profession).

At least Chris wants to understand and do things to code.

Ed

: : My washing machine and laundry tub currently empty into a floor drain in the basement. Since the floor drain is trapped, and connected to the house sewer, everything ends up where it is supposed to.

: : My question is, is this okay or do I need to run a new drain line over to my main stack? If it is okay, what is the proper way to do an indirect drain? The current setup has a pipe sticking down the throat of the floor drain, but something tells me that ain't right...

: : We don't do inspections around here, so I'm just looking for a safe and effective way to do this, preferably a code-approved way, just on general principles.

: I have to say that you are rather an ass hole. You come here looking for free advise and then bad mouth the whole profession. Shame on you.
: Deb

Replies to this post
There are none.