Those darn dip tubes
Posted by jimbo on February 21, 2004 at 23:55:22:
In response to Those darn dip tubes
At the risk of offending the anti-diptube crowd, I would say you have classic symptoms. ( I assume from your description that you have a shortage of HOT water, pressure from the hot taps are more or less normal).

The dip tube is under the nipple. The ones I have seen have a small flange at the top, and rubber cushion under the flange. They just lift out after removing the nipple.

I am not specifically familiar with Bradford-WHite, so a check with a local supply house should get you the exact part you need.

If the dip tube turns out to be OK, you have not wasted a lot of time or money, but will have more detective work to do.

Replies to this post