Re: need help fast with faucet replacement
Posted by Deb on February 19, 2004 at 19:48:51:
In response to Re: need help fast with faucet replacement
: hi,
: i live in an apartment with a free-standing tub and a separate shower stall. my girlfriend won't shower in the stall so i bought a shower converter kit for the tub. the main water line and hot and cold pipes come straight up through the floor (since tub is on the second floor) and then a small pipe connects into the tub where a faucet with no controls or diverter comes out into the tub. i got a faucet that just has a diverter and spout for the shower rod attachment, but i don't know how or if i can get the old faucet off without damaging the tub (it is an apartment, not my home). i also don't know where the shutoff valve is becuase it isn't in an obvious place near the tub. i'd probably have to find it in the basement. i am focused on completing this task however i need some direction to get me started, and i don't know much more than the basics of plumbing..,any help is appreciated.

This is a really bad idea. I hope that you have done nothing yet. As you have already mentioned, this is not your home, this is an apartment. You really have no right to make alterations to the plumbing without the permission of the owner. Most states have laws regarding replacement of plumbing fixtures by not licensed people. If you shut the water off to the whole building and screw up, the water stays off. Plus there is the possibility of leaks, causing propery damage. Better be checking your insurance coverage. What in the world is wrong with your girlfriend that she is so picky, it is not like you do not have a shower at all...
Deb
The Pipewench
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.