Re: Toto Ultramax Toilet Problem
In response to Re: Toto Ultramax Toilet Problem
: I recently had a Kohler low-flow toilet replaced with a Toto Ultramax toilet. The Ultramax has never stopped up, and it flushes everything with one flush. The Kohler required a plunger about 50% of the time. I'm totally pleased with the flushing action. My problem is with the fill valve. It worked fine for a few days, then started leaking, i.e., it wouldn't completely shut off after the tank filled. The plumber who did the installation replaced the valve with a new one from the local Toto dealer. This valve worked okay for a week or so, then, after flushing, there would be a couple of seconds delay before the tank started filling. Now, the tank fills for a few seconds, then stops for a second, fills for another second, then stops. This continues until the tank his full, then the fill valve shuts off. Has anyone had this experience? What is the solution? I'm currently having a valve shipped from the Toto manufacturer. I would appreciate hearing from someone on this problem.

Nylen,
Below is a link for fill valve instructions. Sometimes cleaning the inside water filter will fix it.
I would remove the water supply from the toilet and run water into a bucket. There may be some dirt in the water. If the water is free of sediment, you should get years of trouble free service.  

Replies to this post
There are none.