Re: waterlogged pressure tank
Posted by Deb on February 16, 2004 at 20:25:39:
In response to Re: waterlogged pressure tank
: I have a well system, Bruke pump (visible), a Square D pumptrol 20/40 pressure switch, an old galvanized pressure tank (no pressure gauge), the only valve is at the bottom of the tank (no shut off valve), no leaks detected in the pipes. I rocked the tank and heard water at the top. What caused the tank to water log and how can I fix it? Will replacing the galvanized with a bladder tank solve the problem? Should I replace the pressure switch at the same time? I would like to do the work myself so any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank You, Angela

I would recommend replacing with a bladder tank. I would also recommend replacing the pressure switch (I really like my 40-60) and installing a gauge and a drain. You can purchase a brass cross tee with 2 1/2" ports for a relief valve and a drain and 2 1/4" ports for a pressure switch and a pressure gauge. You will probably need a couple of unions. I always use brass fittings and nipples--not galvanized. Old galvanized can be REALLY tough to get apart. The air in the tank needs to be set 2lbs lower than the kick on pressure for your pump.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.