Culligan Reverse Osmosos - micro airbubbles
Posted by Elliot Handler on February 13, 2004 at 19:12:52:
I have had a Culligan Reverse osmosis water filtration system for 6 years. Over the past 3-4 months, I've noticed the water can look very cloudy, almost milky if I run the faucet slow or medium. If I run it fast, it is clear. It may also be clear at slow or medium speeds after I run it for a while. When it is cloudy, it is almost white, and I put it on the counter, and after 60-90 seconds, it clears from the bottom up, as these appear to be micro airbubbles. It is sporadic but very annoying, and the local Culligan people have first replaced my tanks, and now recently the expensive "manifold" and it has not helped. They seem perplexed. They say it can't be a pinhole leak, as if air can get in, water would be leaking out and we would notice it.
I can't believe they have not run into this before but that is what they tell me. It is a problem, as we are embarrased to serve this water to guests, and I am concerned as to what is causing this and could there be more than just micro air bubbles in the water. Is it safe to drink?? I am also frustrated that Culligan has replaced almost the whole system, and it is still a problem. They tell me "you have a brand new system now" yet it is still a problem. This never occurred in the first 5 1/2 years. They are coming next week to replace the faucet, although they doubt that is the cause.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Have you heard of this type of problem? How come Culligan say they have not heard of it before. Any ideas anyone?

Replies to this post
There are none.