Re: Venting a basement bath
Posted by e-plumber on February 13, 2004 at 07:29:12:
In response to Re: Venting a basement bath
: We're adding a basement bath directly below where we plan to remodel a kitchen in a 2-story home. There is also a 4" waste that enters the ground of the basement next to the planned bathroom. We plan to break up the concrete and rough in the plumbing ourselves, but had a question on the vent pipes. Assuming I've done my homework correctly and vent all fixtures to a solo vent pipe at least 6" above the highest basement fixture, can I then tie this vent into the kitchen sink vent pipe on the floor directly above? Although it's behind the wall, I'm guessing the kitchen sink vent runs up to the second floor and connects to the main stack 6" above the 2nd floors highest fixture. I'm hoping the tie-in can take place 6" above the kitchen sink and that I don't need to route this to the second floor. Please advise as this is the only site on the net that contains useful information!

Reply:
It sounds like you did do your homework.
The venting can be done as you mentioned, but make sure that the vent that is rising up from the basement bathroom is 2" in size and ties into a 2" vent. A lot of kitchen vents are only 1-1/2".
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.