Re: reduced water pressure after installing water softener
Posted by Hube on February 11, 2004 at 18:47:20:
In response to Re: reduced water pressure after installing water softener
: : : I recently installed a waterboss 700 watersoftener. The water pressure throughout the house has been reduced. I have an Amtrol WX-202 tank and a Pumptrol SquareD class 9013 pressure switch.

: : : 1) Is this normal?
: : : 2) Do I need to add air to the tank to compensate for 10' of new plumbing?
: : : 3) Can I adjust the cut-in of the switch for added pressure?
: : : 4) Any other remedies?

: : : Thanks.JOE What is the cut-in and cut-out pressures set at now? The instructions are on the inside cover of the 9013 switch. Post back if you need adjustment info....Hube

: Its suppose to be 30/50 but the gauge reads 28/48. JOE: By turning the LARGE NUT CW you can raise BOTH the on and off pressures equally. A FULL turn may bump it up to 35/55 or so. A differential of 20 is best.(the small nut ,when turned CW only raises the cut-out pressure. As you have a 20 differential now, do not adjust this small nut. You will have to experiment with various settings, but it is best not to surpass a 40/60 setting. Also, remember that the pressure tank should have 2 lbs less (this is important) air than the "cut-in" setting. This enables the tank to hold the amount of water it was designed to hold. If you have any more questions, no problem. Hube

Replies to this post
There are none.