Re: Water Pressure Problems
Posted by Deb on February 07, 2004 at 17:02:59:
In response to Re: Water Pressure Problems
: I have a problem which I hope someone can help me figure out.
:
: Lately, the water pressure in my home seems to go real high and extremely too low. I have checked all the pipes and cannot find a leak.
:
: I had the submersible pump and the piping to the well replaced about 3 years ago.
:
: When taking a shower and turning on the faucet, I lose water pressure all-together. I am wondering if it could be a water-logged pressure tank or a bad switch.
:
: If it is a water-logged pressure tank, how do I check?
:
: The pressure gauge seems to go too high on the pressure tank. It goes to 86-87 lbs.
:
: Thank you. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

The first think I would do would be to check the nipple to the pressure switch to be sure it is not corroded. Your pressure switch should be shutting off the pump before the pressure gets that high (and on before you have no pressure). The factory set on/off for your individual pressure switch is generally on the underside of the cover of your pressure switch (I use a 40/60). But it a good idea to check your pressure gauge to see where it actually kicks on and off before you adjust the air in the tank. Don't guess, it is important that the air in the tank be correct.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.