Re: Setting Commercial wall Hung
Posted by Dave R. on February 05, 2004 at 16:38:42:
In response to Re: Setting Commercial wall Hung
The urinal outlet is infact a 2" plastic nipple in the wall. The contractor didn't leave the chrome nuts or gasket. I have ordered new fixtures from a plumbing supply house and have asked them to include the manufacturers recommended gaskets for the bowl and the urinal. I am assuming that all mounting hardware will be included with the fixtures.

I understand your instruction for the urinal connection. The urinal should not be a problem. I am still uncertain as to what kind of a fitting is used on the wall hung outlet. Is it a standard closet flange? Thanks for your help hj.

: The urinal has a screwed fitting that attaches to a nipple in the wall. If he used a glued plastic stub then you will have to find a plumbing supplier that sells the Oatey PVC bracket, either street/male or slip/female. The toilet stub should be unscrewed so that it extends about 3/8" from the wall. The toilet will give the exact dimension. Did he leave the chrome nuts, and outlet seal gasket?

: : I am setting a wall hung urinal & wall hung bowl for the first time. The rough-in was performed by a contractor who was since run off the job.

: : His rough-in includes a 2" outlet for the urinal and 4" outlet for the bowl. These outlet stubs are flush with the wall and capped off. The carrier frame is installed, all centers match the fixtures and flush valves. The rough-in has passed inspection.

: : Now, what is the best way to go about making these outlet connections with the fixtures? Does some kind of a closet flange get attached to these stubs? What is the best type of gasket to seal these connections?

: : Fixtures are Kohler (Kingston) Bowl and Kohler (Freshman) Urinal.

: : I would appreciate it if any experienced commercial plumbers could help.

Replies to this post