Re: Gas line to be run thru 2" PVC DWV in slab for island cooktop
Posted by wd40oz on February 04, 2004 at 10:01:19:
In response to Re: Gas line to be run thru 2" PVC DWV in slab for island cooktop
: Hello

: Have a 1999 build slab foundation home, island kitchen, currently with Elec cooktop. Has a empty 2" PVC pipe run from side of house through slab to the island for the purpose of installing a gas line.

: Wash room off kitchen has gas line.

: Current plan is to remove drywall in wash room and use dryer line (3/4" iron) and T off, keeping inbetween studs. drill brick, route through the outside of the house. Seal hole with foam. Use Iron gas pipe to get to the ground. Dig trench and lay iron pipe along it. Come up to PVC pipe with Iron, then as close as possible, switch to that Yellow plastic flex line. Shove that through the PVC to the island.

: Questions:

: Any tricks to doing the plastic flex line? Its hard to find, but I located a place that sells it and fittings. Although not a lic. plumber I've read a lot of books and replumbed an entire house gas line before, so I'm familiar with doing this stuff and testing for leaks, etc. Pretty straight forward.

: Do I need to use any covering on the gas line above/ below ground level? Other homes have a tape wrap above ground. This is in Houston, where weather is pretty mild as far as cold goes.

: If I T off for a gas grill and have the capped end underground (grill added later), would it make sense to use plastic/brass or the iron pipe?

: Thanks,

: DD

>>Just use Propane like the rest of us poor slobs! ;-}

Replies to this post
There are none.