Re: Kitchen sink vent pipe
Posted by Bartman on February 03, 2004 at 02:02:32:
In response to Re: Kitchen sink vent pipe

You can't run 1 1/2" vent pipe through a 2 x 4. The support will be gone. You can run the pipe along the outside of the wall, under the counter/cabinet until you turn into the stud space you will vent up through (that's what I did when I put a big window in over my sink and had to re-locate the vent), OR use an island vent arrangement, see these links: (scroll down till you find it)

If it were me, I would run a new vent through the roof and eliminate as much horizontal vent run as possible. Nothing says your kitchen vent has to tie into the bathroom vent (mine doesn't).

Replies to this post
There are none.