Re: Moen balancing valve?
Posted by e-plumber on February 02, 2004 at 18:40:41:
In response to Re: Moen balancing valve?

: Hi,

: I have what appears to be some type of moen tub/shower balacing/mixing valve that the flow has become very low. (Just replaced the water heater) The device uses a standard moen one piece cartridge. Its not exactly like a picture of a Moentrol, mine has the two Stop-Check valves on either side of the cartride opening. Two small pipe plugs (1/8"?)just below these on the brass body. There is a plug just above the cartridge opening with large standard screwdriver slot, (about .75" wide)
: Should I just try taking out the check valves and the slotted plug to clean out any rust flakes? What does the center plug with slot cover/do?
: Thank you in advance!
: George

This picture shows your faucet. I would suggest dismantling the removable parts and inspecting/cleaning them for debris build-up which is restricting flow.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.