Re: venting a basement bathroom
Posted by ED on February 02, 2004 at 14:22:38:
In response to Re: venting a basement bathroom
If Air admittance valves are code-compliant in your area, you might consider using these. You must consult a plumber for specifics. These must be placed properly and be able to "breathe" (you can not hide these in closed walls, for example) to work effectively. You also need to consider where the basement drains (for the new fixtures) will be located and how they will be tied into your current plumbing system.

: : I am getting ready to put in a bathroom and utility tub in my basement. I wanted to know the best way to go about venting this branch. Would it be sufficent to vent into a three inch horizontal run that comes from the second floor of the house (three floors up in relation to the basement) I would use the pipe as combonation waste/vent pipe. I heard of this being done before with sucess. The alternative for my application would be very time consuming and expensive.

: Reply:
: Vent lines from plumbing fixtures on a lower level cannot tie into a drain stack or drain branch line for venting purposes. To do it properly, you would need to tie the vents from the proposed fixtures together and locate an appropriately sized vent for a tie-in, or penetrate the roof.
: Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.