Comode flushing
Posted by Gene Garzone on February 01, 2004 at 14:35:43:
Hi, The toilet in my master bedroom will not pull waste out of the bowl when flushing. It is a full size toilet, built in 1973. When flushing, the water flows freely from the tank and begions a good swirl in the bowl. Often, heavy waste (if you know what I mean) is pulled out, however, when flushing with just paper or liquid waste in the bowl, nothing but a lot of swirling takes place. I have had the unit off it's base, and snaked down the drain. All there appears to be clear. I also cut into the main vent pipe above the comode (I'm in the process of doing some remodeling) and see no obstructions. I can dump a couple gallons of water directly into the bowl, and usually get it to pull waste out that way. I did notice that when flushiing, some water does flow down the vent pipe to the laundry room below. I also noticed when it does pull waste out, there is often a knocking in the wall. My thoughts are it's vacuum related, but since the vent pipe is clear, I'm lost for what to do next. Any suggestions. Thanks, Gene

Replies to this post
There are none.