Thank you, I'll give it a try. n/m
Posted by Dave R. on January 31, 2004 at 11:31:55:
In response to Thank you, I'll give it a try. n/m
: : searching around the internet, I found and old message from another board, saying that brown water can be from a pump short-cycling and stirring up sediment in the well. I'm sure that our pump is doing that (it was seen in our home inspection 2 months ago), and I haven't had time to fix that yet.

: : My new question is, how do I fix that. Apparently it's ususlly related to there being too little air in the pressure tank (so I was told by the inspector. What I was thinking was this: turn off the pump, drain the tank from valve on the bottom of it, add any necessary air through the valve in the top, then turn on the pump again. It seems simple enough, but I don't know if that's right.

: : I know that pump states on it that it was charged at the factory to 22 PSI (or somewhere thereabouts), so I would just charge it back to that. Is there a problem if there is air under the bladder in the tank, as I'm thinking might happen if I do it that way?

: : any help is appreciated, as I just bought this house and don't have a lot of money to have professionals do things if I can do them myself.

: Dave ,I suggest you read yesterdays posts on "well pump pressure" mathwhiz

Replies to this post
There are none.