Re: Venting new bathroom
Posted by Chriss on January 30, 2004 at 00:24:48:
In response to Re: Venting new bathroom
: : I have a homeowners residential building permit and have not submitted a plan to the city, I am allowed here to install my own plumbing and a plan is not a requirement. It will cost me $15 for a plan review, not much money, do you think it's worth it? I'm only installing a toilet and sink.

: : : If it is the proper size you can, but what does the plan the city approved show for a vent location?

: : : : I am converting my existing garage and including a 1/2 bath. I have a vent stack for the second floor in the attic above my garage. I can easily tap into the vent stack at a location above the 2nd floor fixtures. Can I use the existing vent stack for the new w/c and sink? It currently has 2 sinks, a w/c and a tub on it. And yes, I do have my own permits from the city...lol

: Whether you should get a plan review depends on whether you know how to plumb (and vent) a toilet and a sink. Do you? Getting the vent right is usually the toughest part.
: Deb
: The Pipewench

I know how to plumb, just never installed a new vent before. I have the 'books' from the city on vent codes and don't think there is an issue with what I proposed in my first post, I just wanted some feedback as to any potential problems.

Replies to this post
There are none.