Re: Heat pipe runs through Tub
Posted by hj on January 27, 2004 at 22:23:28:
In response to Re: Heat pipe runs through Tub
Galvanized pipe cannot be soldered. But you could have BundyWeld tubing which was a steel, copper tubing sized material which could be soldered when it was new. I am not sure how it would work after all these years.

: I want to install a new bathtub in my second floor addition but the hot water baseboard heat runs through the old steel/enamel bathtub. The pipe runs behind the basin/bathing area and through the built in front skirt. The the hot water baseboard does a complete loop around the inside perimeter of the upstairs. Pipe that doesn't have heating fins is still enclosed in baseboard. I do not wish to run the pipe through the new tub but I'm not sure how to run it. IS there any reason I should not just drop the pipe into the floor and pop it up again to continue the loop?
: IS it ok to just use 90 degree elbows or should I use 45's... to disturb the flow less? What size holes do you normally drill to run 3/4 copper heating pipe through? The old pipe looks like it might be ganvanized (house built 1956) but joints look sweated? Can this pipe be sweated to copper?

Replies to this post
There are none.