Re: overflow tube replacement
Posted by e-plumber on January 26, 2004 at 20:18:59:
In response to Re: overflow tube replacement
: I purchased a new overflow tube to replace a brass on that rotted off. The new on is plastic and will not screw in. Can i force it in with a hammer? Or do I give up and call a plummer. thank you

You first need to remove the fine threads that are most likely still stuck inside the flush valve opening where the tube snapped off. Throw away the plastic piece and purchase a brass tube, make sure the fine threads are the same size.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.