Re: More on the urinal in the basement
Posted by GregO on January 26, 2004 at 15:48:17:
In response to Re: More on the urinal in the basement
Is this a serious question/post??? Do you live in West Virginia?

Of course it's possible, but unwise, and it's certainly not the way competent plumbers would do it. Why not...never mind. As Deb said, you'll probably do it anyways.

Greg

I am reposting this because I really think this is what I want and the "answers" I am getting have sort of left me thinking that it is possible but maybe not the way the plumbers would do it. I want to put a urinal in a basement. I don't have any existing plumbing fixtures and don't want to install a toilet, just a urinal. This is a shop area and its just for me....the basement is bascially unfinished but has been partitioned by a typical stick-built wall. I figured I could hang a urinal on wall and run its drain downhill into the stack's clean-out by replacing the clean-out plug with a plastic plug with a hole cut in it or some other cobbled up deal. I think I can vent it and I have a water source. I am probably going to die in this house so if it is a resale issue that will be my son's problem...plus, it would take about ten minutes to unhook the thing, patch the wall, and you'd never know it was there. Sure looks like it would work to me.

: : I really don't mean to sound rude, but I can think of no other way to put this.
: : We have given you our advise. You are obviously going to do this, regardless of our advise against it (so I'm not sure why you are reposting). Do you have a question?
: : Deb
: : The Pipewench

: Sure do...is it possible to locate a urinal above the waste stack clean out opening, run the urinal waste line into that opening, and vent the urinal using one of those "in-line" vents? I did not ask "is this a good idea."

Replies to this post
There are none.