Re: Basement bath venting
Posted by Deb on January 26, 2004 at 11:16:52:
In response to Re: Basement bath venting
: I'm adding a basement bath (toilet, shower & sink) and need to know venting requiements.

: There is a first floor half bath above that vents through the roof. So right now there are two fixtures on this stack. The bath I am adding is directly below. The toilet will be 1' from the stack, shower will be 3' and sink 4'.

: Do all three of these fixtures need to be vented? Is AAV a good choice? If vent is required I need some help with the toilet. The toilet will sit almost directly over the existing horizontal line making a vent difficult since it will not run horizontal and the is almost no verical room. The only thing I see working is a sanitary tee with a inlet.

: Thanks for any advice.

You cannot use this for the basement vent because it is the waste stack from another floor. It sounds as though you had better be calling a plumber to at least lay this out for you. Or maybe you can do the concrete and dirt removal and have a plumber do the actual drainage work. Adding a basement bath can be tough to do under the best of circumstances and it sounds as though you have some space problems...A good plumber can usually come up with solutions to problems. Without seeing your individual situation, it is hard to advise on the best venting method. You don't want a basement bathroom that does not drain well or lets sewer gas in.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.