Re: diverter valve
Posted by jewels on January 25, 2004 at 15:12:03:
In response to Re: diverter valve
: : I have installed 2 diverter valves (american Standard)but they keep malfuntioning.The rubber at the end of the valve rips open after using for a month or so.The plumbing supplier said to put grease on the end,so I did.It did not hold up,any help would be appreciated.

: call american standard and describe the problem and give model number of fixture if you have it, something inside may be cracked. They are usually pretty good about replacing parts and fixtiures, hopefully it isn't too old. good luck

is this a shower? if so check the seat behind the valve, there is a tool called a seat wrench for this. if it is rough on the surface you will need to take it out and replace. can be replaced for a few bucks.

Replies to this post
There are none.