Re: Booster Pump Installation
Posted by hj on January 24, 2004 at 16:43:23:
In response to Re: Booster Pump Installation
"Teel" is a brand of pump. But the one he has should be adequate, therefore it appears to be a pipe size problem.

: : I am presently using a jet pump and 82 gal Bladder tank to increase incoming water press From 20# to 60# still have low press. if toliet or washing machine is using water. Have been given a teel pressure pump and told that it would give better performance Question is how to hook it up as it does not have pressure switch, all info that I have been abe to find makes no statement as to the use of switch or press tank have 1 !/4 inch pvc main topump 40feet of 1" apvc to 1/2" copper in house apparox 45' of 1/2 inch copper in house sink located next to toliet loses press when toilet flushed any thoughts appreciated Thanks Jerry

: Your sentences all run together and I am having a hard time understanding exactly what you have for water line and how far and how much the 1/2" serves. A 1/2" line should serve no more than 2 fixtures. If it is serving more, there is probably nothing you can do about the "pressure" drop because it has nothing to do with pressure, but has to do with inadequate volume.
: A jet pump and an 82 gal pressure tank should serve you well. I don't know what you mean by a "teel (real?) pressure pump". A jet pump is a real pump.
: Deb
: The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.