Re: Fiberglass howere pan leak
Posted by Deb on January 23, 2004 at 17:51:28:
In response to Re: Fiberglass howere pan leak
: I have a fiberglass shower pan installed on a concrete slab, and the PVC drain is leaking very slowly. I believe the leak is coming from around the rubber or neoprene gasket installed between the 2" ABS pipe and the inside of the drain. The gasket is made by C-P Industries Part #6326. The drain itself has a largw W stamped on it, but no name. So far, I have been unable to locate another gasket. I'm not even sure the previous owner used the correct gasket. If I find the new gasket, is it possible to dig out the old gasket for replacement? One store advised me to use 100% pure silicone over the existing gasket. I/m really trying to avoid tearing out the whole neo-angle shower and starting over. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks

You can certainly try silicone caulk, you have little to loose and I have seen homeowners that have used it and it held for years. However, no caulk shower drains are common and the gaskets (I believe) are pretty much the same size. If you cannot find just the gasket, buy a whole new drain and use the gasket--they are inexpensive. It may be tough to dig the old rubber out, but still easier than pulling the whole shower.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.