Stripped faucet seat repair
Posted by John Scruggs on January 23, 2004 at 14:10:50:
Anyone attempting to remove a corroded seat from a faucet and finding that they are unable to do so with a seat wrench because the wrench grips are stripped should try resurfacing the seat with a "seat dressing tool". I got one from Home Depot ( approx $9.00 ) which included usage instructions. I had to repeat the process about 5 times before I achieved what appears to be an acceptable fix.
It sure beats paying a plumber to come in and do whatever it is they do to remove a 40 year old seat.

Replies to this post