Re: Installing pedestal sink (haven't a clue!)
Posted by Deb on January 22, 2004 at 22:45:44:
In response to Re: Installing pedestal sink (haven't a clue!)
: Having recently purchased a house my mother decided to replace the old sink and vanity with a pedestal sink. A plumber cannot be afforded so that I and my father will be playing that role free of charge. We have the sink and I've no earthly idea about installing it (my father has some experience). I found some instructions on the web and know that the sink will come with its own instructions but would like anybody out there with any help or advice to please contact me. Even the smallest bit of information would be appreciated!!

Do the water lines and the drain cpme out of the wall? What is the height of these and spread of these? Will it work with the rough in specs that came with the ped lav? If the drain and water lines do not need to be moved, it is not too tough. There should be good enough directions with the sink and online to get you through it.
The bowl will need to be attached to the wall with drywall anchors. Some bowls come with a metal hanger. The bowl sits on the pedestal. The wall is not meant to support the weight of the bowl. I caulk the bowl to the wall, the bowl to the pedestal and the pedestal to the floor. You may want to secure the base to the floor. Make sure everything is level and aligned before securing to the wall. This will probably be a 1/2 day job for the novice.
If the water and/or drain line needs to be moved, find the money for a plumber somewhere.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.