Re: Storage(pressure) tank hookup
Posted by Deb on January 22, 2004 at 20:11:38:
In response to Re: Storage(pressure) tank hookup
: This home has a Wel Trol and the installing plumber used galvanized out.After 7 1/2 yrs the galvanized fittings are going bad.Yes its connected to the 3/4 copper with a dilectric union.I want to convert the galvanized and wondered if coming out of the tank with copper is ok.Since I dont think there are 1" copper nipples I could make one up.Or is a brass nipple they make a 1" nipple long enough to come out of the tank..Thanks Jon

I like to use a premade brass cross tee on pressure tanks. The ones I use are 1" or 1-1/4" and come with 2 1/2" ports for a pressure relief valve and a drain and 2 1/4" ports for a pressure switch and a gauge.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.