Using the slot for which it was designed.
Posted by PW on January 21, 2004 at 10:46:38:
In response to Using the slot for which it was designed.
Don't be too hard on the previous owners, they were only using the slot for that it was designed for, the disposal of blades.

: Just thought I'd share an interesting discovery we made during our bath remodel. We were adding a new, larger door to the bath from the master bedroom. In the process, I had to remove a few studs and an old medicine cabinet. When we took the medicine cabinet off the wall, we discovered several hundred used razor blades.

: It turns out that the medicine cabinet had a slot inside of it for disposing of old razor blades. So the previous owners of this house would just shove the used blades in the slot. I wonder if they ever thought about where they were going. Did they think the Gillette company came by and collected them periodically? Thankfully, I was wearing thick gloves, so I collected all of the blades, and we put them in Styrofoam cups, taped the tops up, bagged the cups in grocery bags, and then put those in contractor garbage bags.

: I've been in a lot of older hotels that have those "razor disposal" slots in the bathroom walls. I guess the razors just go right into the wall cavity. Kind of scary if you turn out the be the person doing a renovation or a demo!

: Anyway, just thought I'd share and was curious as to what other strange things people have found during bathroom renovations.

Replies to this post
There are none.