Re: new faucet drips
Posted by hj on January 21, 2004 at 08:15:16:
In response to Re: new faucet drips
If two faucets had the same problem, then the assumption would be that they are bad faucets. Delta makes one that is quite similar, if not identical, to that one.

: I am having my kitchen redone, and I bought a new sink, faucet, disposal, the works. Hired a plumber to do the work because I didn't want the hassle. Things were fine until he tried to install the brand new Belle Foret faucet. It dripped. Cold dripped a little, hot was a steady stream. The cpout itself also leaked. He said it must be defective, so I reordered the faucet. In the meantime, the cold drips less, but still drips.

: A new faucet arrives and this time I decided to do it myself. Completely new parts, this time the cold drips a steady stream, the hot is a slow drip.

: So I swap out the cold from the first one, and that goes back to the seldom dripping state. The hot drips steadily. The spout itself leaks less, but still leaks. (and I am talking about a tall jointed spout that is leaking around the joints - here's a picture http://store.faucet.com/cgi-bin/fcom/products?id=68azU6Ha&mv_arg=BF%2d130%2d01ORB&mv_pc=73)

: So I have a couple questions...is this just a crappy company and their faucets/materials are just substandard? Is there something that both the plumber and I could have done in the simple process of attaching water supply lines that would make the faucet drip? I installed a bathroon faucet a year or so ago with no problems/drips. Is there something I can try that might make the hot stop dripping? Should I give up on this faucet and get something I like less but won't drip constantly?

: I'm tearing out my hair at this point. The old sink was in a big metal unit, so when the cainets were installed, I lost the sink, and water, on the first floor for 5 weeks. Now, the faucet problem means that I have to turn on the hot at the shutoff valve...it's getting pretty old. Any help will be very greatly appreciated!

Replies to this post
There are none.