Re: water pressure trouble
Posted by Gary Swart on January 18, 2004 at 16:09:14:
In response to Re: water pressure trouble
Jim, you KNOW there's more to it than just stringing pipe, but in general, you will want to use a fairly large diameter pipe. There are more informed folks that can tell you exactly what size you should use so you don't have a large pressure/flow loss due to friction. I'd opt for rigid copper with the heavy duty rating, but there are other choices. This involves a lot of work, so don't be a penny pincher on quality/size of material. The difference for 80' just isn't worth it.

This may or may not be the total answer to your problem. Find out what pressure the city main carries. The Water Dept can tell you. You can also get a gauge and attach it to a faucet in the house. Start as close to the street as possible and work back to see if it changes. It should be the same as the city main.

Replies to this post