Re: Toilet bubbles when washer drains
Posted by hj on January 18, 2004 at 09:16:17:
In response to Re: Toilet bubbles when washer drains
As long as you have a vent it is never the problem. A blocked vent does not prevent draining. You have a blocked sewer, and if it was full of "goop" and needed a pressure flush, then your sewer probably has a low spot where the goop is "growing" and needs the flushing again. A camera will not do much good until you get the sewer unplugged, and have clear water running through it.

: : : When the washer drains, my toilet bubbles and bubbles loudly then drains. I can hear the kitchen sink and a small amount of water will come up into my tub. About 18 months ago I had the same problem, so I had the main line snaked and blasted with a high pressure truck. What could possibly be causing this. Could it be a main line clog or is it possible for the air vent to be blocked. When they snaked the line all they found was that black gooy sludge.

: : Reply:
: : It appears that the main drain line is partially restricted causing the problem. Why did they need to water jet the line last time? Usually a good cleaning with the right equipment does the job. It may be worth having the line camera inspected if the problem becomes persistent, you can request a tape copy for your records.
: : Good Luck. e-plumber

:
: When they snaked the main drain,they went clear to the street sewer, only pulling back the black goop on the blade. When they had me flush the toilet after snaking, they still could not get it to drain properly. Which is why they had me have a power washer come out. If I have the main snaked again and they don't run into any problems again, would you suggest that they check the vent?!? (I hear the camera's can run hundreds of dollars.)

Replies to this post
There are none.