Re: Rusting hot water galvanized pipes
Posted by dsafdfs on January 17, 2004 at 15:09:53:
In response to Re: Rusting hot water galvanized pipes
: My home is 52 years old with much of the original plumbing. The problem is pieces of rust keep plugging up my American Standard single handle faucets and I know it is coming from the hot water pipes. I thought that hot water pipes are supposed to be in better shape than cold water pipes because of some sort of dielectric rod in the water heater. I have been thinking of replumbing my home but would like to work my way back to front a little at a time in copper. I know it is probably best to just get it over with all at once but I am VERY slow at my projects and can't be w/o water too long. Any advice? Oh yeah, I got a bid from a plumber and he wanted $3300.00 for a full re-plumb but wanted me to open all the walls behing the sinks and toilets and I would also be responsible for repairing them as well. My house is a single story home with a 24" crawl space and it is 1500 sq. ft with two bathrooms. One bathroom has already been don in copper in the last three months and is tied in to the galvanized steel pipes below. A friend told me bid is on the high side considering I am doing a lot of work. Thanks.

.......you suck ha ha

Replies to this post
There are none.