Re: 1/2" black gas pipe
Posted by Mitch on January 16, 2004 at 23:02:08:
In response to Re: 1/2" black gas pipe
thanks for your reply. You're right about the wrench marks. I wonder if the gas line would have been sufficient in any case. I've seen another posting here today about someone wanting to add a line for a gas range. I just need a little heat to warm up the space some for winter projects that I never seem to get done. We have a 200 amp service, so I can easily add the 30a 240V line for the electric heater.
: The threads will be okay, but they might not appreciate the wrench marks on the pipes where you tightened them. Electric is seldom a good option if you have gas available, but I am not sure if the vent free units are that much better as a safety issue.

: : I was going to install a vent-free natual gas heater in our garage. After thinking about it, I decided in might be better to just install an electric unit instead. My question is this. I have already installed some of the gas lines, and I was wondering if the pipe could be disassembled and returned to the store. I was wondering if the threads would still do a good sealing job and don't want to take something back that would present a problem for someone else. I used white teflon tape on the joints and did not cross thread or anything like that. I wish I would have considered the electric heater before I went through all this work.

Replies to this post
There are none.