Re: submersible pump for newly bored well
Posted by Hube on January 16, 2004 at 08:37:16:
In response to Re: submersible pump for newly bored well
: Would appreciate any input on pump make selection. My local hardware guy sells Goulds and says they are the only one he would install. (Hefty prices) I can see that it is well made with ss guts etc. But On ebay they sell other brands like Flotec and red jacket. they costabout a third as much. I am only installing the well in order to sell my house and give a buyer a working year round water source. We have learned to cope with a gravity fed spring and tank system over the years, but people from the city would probably be scared off. WE don't want to put a piece of junk in that will break down right away but on the other hand we aren"t rich either. Can some one please throw out some reasonably good brand names for a 4" pump that are in the lower cost range. Sorry for the length of this epic. Terry
Berkeley,Flo-tech, Goulds, GSW, there all good, reliable sub pumps. Home Depot usually have a approved and reasonable cost pump. Just make sure you buy the one that is RATED for (gpm) input of the well. There is a Math factor as to sizing the pump correctly so it will not "drawdown" the Well too much, and also allows the pump to run AT LEAST A MINUTE when cycling.( this adds to the longevity of the pump) The pressure tank size will figure into this Math too. Good luck, Hube

Replies to this post
There are none.