Re: Toilet to Bowl Gaskets
Posted by hj on January 15, 2004 at 09:09:11:
In response to Re: Toilet to Bowl Gaskets
I do not know what you are doing wrong, but the American Standard type gasket is the only one I have used for 40 years, except for a couple, such as Case and Eljer, that used a proprietary flush valve so it would not fit.

: I have an older Universal Rundle toilet. We remodeled the bathroom but decided to keep it. The toilet to bowl rubber gasket was so old it was falling apart - so got a new one . . . and a new one . . . I have since tried 5 different ones and they all leak! Not slow dripping - but running all over the floor. I know it isn't the bolts as I can see the water running out of the gasket. I know I am putting it on right. I have tried the gasket for Crane, for American Standard, and 2 Universal ones (not Universal Rundle but the 'fits all' type). I can't find a Universal Rundle gasket. The American Standard gasket looks so close to the old one but not exacly. The bathroom is done and looks beautiful but this toilet is driving me CRAZY! I would just put the old one on again but I threw it away. Any suggestions?

Replies to this post